Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Body Found, Foul-Play Suspected



Good nights said, prayers prayed and kids tucked-in, I passed by Connor's little Hopjump, the frog. Sadly, he was lying on his back... an unusual position for Hop.

Tears were shed; more prayers were prayed. It was really hard to see my son so sad. At first, Conbo kept it together. "Maybe I'll try tapping the glass..." That didn't work. I had to let him know it was final. Hopjump was with us no longer.

David soon came home with Mommy from Wee College. The tears ran anew and the investigation thickened. I had to remove the corpse or it would be fuzzy by morning. In the process, I was given a clue as to how Hopjump may have met his demise. We thought it might have been my erratic feeding schedule. David was quick to remind me that "the lady" had said, "1/2 a pack of bloodworms every day." Instead, I cut corners and gave him a full pack every other day. David was concerned that this wasn't "following the rules" that "the lady" had established for us. I was wracked with guilt.

However, as I removed the body, I just about scalded myself. Someone had turned up the heat on our little, amphibious friend. Some quick research led us to find that David had thought Connor turned up the heat when he was "fiddling" with it. David dutifully "turned it down" to compensate for his little brothers mischieviousness.

Long story short... Hopjump got cooked. What a way to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counter