Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Bringing in the New Year...


To some, it might be sad to say that we can't regale you with tales of mind-blowing adventures or life-changing experiences to bring in the new year. For us, we did it just how we like it... for the most part.
December 31st, we joined our church for bowling in Maple Ridge. This went much better than last year because I didn't slip and fall while carrying my very young daughter. We got to hang out with my sister and brother-in-law from California while my parents were there to cheer us on and watch my neice, Julia. Right next to us were our Douglas-in-laws which means that there's never a dull moment. The boys, (David, Joshie, Conbo & Caleb), were all in fine, bowling form and the girls, (Emmers & Abby), enjoyed crawling around the alley.
After bowling, mom & dad took Julia back to their place and we went to Ryan & Tawny's for the rest of the festivities. We put the kids down - which went pretty smoothly for the most part except for my wipeout down the stairs... while holding Emily. This made for our New Year's Eve tradition of crashing while holding her. I vow not to pick her up next year.
We hung out and played games until Dick Clark brought in the new year and I got to smooch my wife.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counter